It’s your world. What’s your view?
Using HD video from space, UrtheCast will be telling the story of Earth. And this story includes you! The UrtheView Competition is now complete; however we are still accepting videos to help tell the story of Earth.
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility – Videos
Your video must meet all of the following criteria:
- It must include video footage of the Earth viewed from above.
- It must not contain, depict or refer to any crude, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, offensive, illegal or otherwise unsuitable language, activity or other content (all as determined by UrtheCast in its sole discretion).
- It must not contain, depict or refer to any content which disparages or refers negatively to UrtheCast, the competition, or any other person or entity (all as determined by UrtheCast in its sole discretion).
- It must not conflict with any of UrtheCast’s core values, or otherwise be objectionable to UrtheCast (as determined by UrtheCast in its sole discretion).
- It must not identify individuals, and it must not contain any music, images or other content that violates any law or any third party’s rights (including privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
- It must be no longer than 5 minutes in duration, and no larger than 2GB.
- It must not be still imagery.
- It must be accurate footage that has not been artificially generated or materially altered. Editing must mainly be limited to brightening, sharpening and colour correcting of video images.
- It must be accurately tagged with one (and only one) location, the date and time the video was shot, and a description of the video.
- It (and the filming of it) must comply with all applicable laws, including laws regarding flying objects, video imagery, intellectual property, confidentiality and privacy.
- It must comply with the other requirements listed below under the “Video Contents” heading.
- It must meet all guidelines and criteria listed at www.urthecast.com/urtheview.
By submitting a video to UrtheCast you represent and warrant that:
- you are the original creator of the video;
- you are the sole owner of the copyright and all other rights in the video and all content in and on the video (including all music and video content);
- UrtheCast will not infringe or violate any third party’s intellectual property, privacy, personality or other rights when UrtheCast copies, displays, edits, modifies, transmits or otherwise uses that video in connection with the competition or any advertising; and
- the video meets all of the eligibility requirements set out in these rules.
Licence to UrtheCast
By entering a video in the competition, you grant the licenses to the video as set out in the Terms of Service.
Except where otherwise prohibited by law, participation in the competition constitutes a winner’s consent to UrtheCast’s use of the winner’s name, hometown and photograph for promotional purposes without further notification, permission, payment or consideration.
DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
URTHECAST DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY VIDEOS ENTERED IN THE COMPETITION OR FOR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION.
URTHECAST IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION OR LATE, LOST, INCOMPLETE, MISDIRECTED ENTRIES, OR ENTRIES RECEIVED THROUGH IMPERMISSIBLE OR ILLEGITIMATE CHANNELS; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY TELEPHONE, COMPUTER, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY SERVICE; (4) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION; (5) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE COMPETITION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR COMPUTER, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION OR FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIAL FROM URTHECAST’S WEB SITE. URTHECAST WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR THESE RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS URTHECAST AND ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, JUDGES AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, INJURIES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS URTHECAST AND ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, JUDGES AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, INJURIES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING ACTUAL LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO: (A) YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE RULES; (B) ANY MISREPRESENTATION YOU MAKE UNDER THESE RULES OR OTHERWISE TO URTHECAST; OR (C) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION.
Personal Information Consent
You consent to UrtheCast using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes of administering the competition; advertising the competition and any future competitions and any of UrtheCast’s products and services; and for the other purposes described in these rules. If UrtheCast uses some or all of your video for advertising purposes, UrtheCast will only disclose your first name in that advertising unless you consent to UrtheCast also disclosing your last name.
The Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable in British Columbia.
All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the competition, prizes or these rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
The parties have expressly requested that this Agreement and any related document be prepared in the English language. Les parties aux présentes ont expressément demandé à ce que cette convention et les documents qui s’y rapportent soient rédigés en anglais.
For more information please contact UrtheCast:
Via email: email@example.com
Or postal mail: UrtheCast Head Office, Suite #2670 – 650 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 4N9, Canada.
BY UPLOADING MY VIDEO FOOTAGE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.